The regulatory framework for the financial industry is subject to constant change, and new legislation impacts the way insurance companies and insurance distributors carry on their activities. This has resulted in new business models and increased focus on in-house compliance.
The various ways of distributing insurance products also make demands on the wording and monitoring of contracts concluded with business partners, not to mention the specific data protection challenges posed by the increased application of personal data.
We can help
We are highly experienced in advising Danish and non-Danish insurance companies and insurance distributors in relation to acquisition, sale and merger and on the transfer of insurance portfolios. We are particularly experienced in cross-border transactions within the insurance industry.
Our skills encompass expertise to match any legal challenge facing life and non-life insurance providers. We have in-depth knowledge of the interaction between company law, union issues and regulatory requirements and have good business relations with the Danish FSA and the Danish Business Authority, ensuring smooth case processing. We also have vast experience drafting and negotiating intermediary insurance contracts.
Our advisory services include:
- Formation of new financial enterprises, insurance brokers and investment advisers, including application for authorisations and licences
- Establishing and registering branches of non-Danish investment brokers, including in cross-border transactions
- Insurance products, including good business practice and insurance contract law
- Insurance distribution, including intermediary contracts as well as registration and authorisation
- Transfer of insurance portfolios, insurance distributors and insurance companies
- Life and pensions investments
- Corporate insurance, including M&A processes
- Registration of changes and application for permits to acquire qualifying ownership shares
- Customisation of non-life and life insurance products
- Measures to prevent money laundering
- Point of contact for supervisory authorities.
Our team is made up of highly qualified and specialised lawyers, some of whom are leading experts within the field. Our experts have long-standing experience advising on all areas of law relating to insurance.
To ensure optimal legal advisory services, [we] often involve other practice groups such as M&A and Corporate Matters, Pension, Compliance, EU & Competition.